Helloooooo everybody! Firstly, I’m incredibly sorry I haven’t been posting, like, at all, but.. you know how it is! With school, friends, and sports to keep me busy, I haven’t had all that much time for blogging. I know, I know, extremely cliche excuse. Sorry!
Now, for those of you who don’t know, I have gotten super into baking. And I mean like *super* into baking. Every day for a week I came home, did homework, and baked whatever I could find on the internet. Mostly, I just use recipes from baking bloggers such as Sallys Baking Addiction, and many others (no, this isnt an ad for Sallys baking Addiction, I just really like her recipes.). However, for this recipe I came out of my shell and, well, tried to bake something more or less my own way! And without further ado, here is the recipe for incredibly easy, super delicious, lemon and coconut crisps!
70g unsalted butter, room temperature
70g coconut oil, softened but not completely melted (about 15 seconds in the microwave)
1.5 cups (or 170g) plain white sugar
Approximately 2-3 tablespoons of shredded coconut (depends on how much shredded coconut you like in your cookies, just add until it feels right)
1 medium-large egg
2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 cup (or 140g) all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C), line two baking sheets with parchment paper (A baking mat would probably work too)
- Cream the butter, coconut oil, sugar, and shredded coconut, with a handheld mixer set on low speed, until fluffy. Scrape the bowl.
- Add lemon juice and mix until totally combined. Scrape the bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda, and mix some more
- Mix in flour little by little so as to not make it fly everywhere when you start mixing it, mix until incorporated
- Scoop balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. You can make the balls as big or small as you want, just keep in mind that they will spread a LOT as they bake. REMEMBER TO LEAVE AT LEAST 2″ BETWEEN COOKIES
- Bake until edges are golden brown, and middles are set and off-white. About 8-12 minutes.
- Take cookies out of the oven and let them cool. If the cookies seem really soft to the touch when you take them out, don’t be alarmed, they’ll set and crisp very quickly.